Where your priorities are, there your time will be. Personal well-being is just as important as our external priorities. When we are healthier on the inside, we live better lives and thrive despite life’s challenges.
No one else will take care of your well-being but you alone. In order for us to continue to serve the world, our private world has to be in order.
Below are 3 areas of our well-being and some suggested habits we can build to to help enrich it.
Mental / Emotional / Spiritual Aspect
- Creating morning routines
- Spiritual practices
- Working on a meaningful project
- Taking trips on a weekend
- Joining fitness classes
- Spending time in Nature
- Have a good enough sleep that works with your body rhythm
- Eating healthy
- Excercising regularly
- Spending quality time with love ones
- Talking to family and friends over the phone
- Volunteering regularly
- Attending cultural or sporting events.
- Community involvement
In order for us to keep serving and loving others, we need to learn to love and take care of our self first; that is being intentional of a healtheir you inside – out.
How about you? What best practices for well-being helps you the most? Or what new habits for well-being will you be starting this year? I’d like to hear from you at the comment section.